Launch at lake Erie Metropark, through (or around Celeron Island), around Sugar Island, into Gibraltar Bay, up frenchman's creek, past Swan and Calf Islands, Around Humbug island returning to Lake Erie Metropark.
Notes and Cautions:
- There are American Lotus beds in Gibraltar bay which bloom in late summer.
- In the late summer it might be necessary to go around Celeron Island instead of through due to vegetation.
- It might not be possible to pass between Humbug Island and the mainland in the late summer due to vegetation.
- There can be frequent boat traffic between Celeron Island and Grosse Ile on warm summer days.
- When the boat traffic is higher it is best to pass east of Horse Island than to enter near the Marina at Gibraltar.
This is the eagle's nest that is on the south east side of Humbug Island.